Let's play that game where you try to guess the truthful statement. What's that game called? Three truths and a lie? Except this game we'll rename Five Truths and No Lies.
Category: What happened when the Whitacres finally got around to taking their annual family picture.
1. Two parents nearly strangled one child who "forgot" how to make a normal smile during the 15 minute period.
2. Firemen, Paramedics, Sheriff, all showed up to watch the shoot.
3. One spouse failed to bring the tent; said tent was pretty much the whole point of the shoot- other spouse tried to not strangle the dummy spouse.
4. One child, upon noticing there was not bathroom on premises, decided to just let it all run free.
5. One person showered and put forth effort into his looks. The rest just kinda showed up.
Yep, that's kind of how it went down.
But really. We thought it would be cool to show how we lived this year. What you see is us, and all of our belongings we lived with since February. We did start the voyage with a third suitcase. Quickly, that one got dumped. Also not shown: the tent and our car. For this shoot, we really did tote out everything we brought- camera equipment, laptops, clothes, toys, homeschool stuff, etc.
The lesson learned this year is a valuable one, and one I hope that we don't forget, ever:
Stuff does not matter. Family does. All you need to be happy is one another, and forget the rest.
Thanks to Eve for snapping the pictures! And lending me her cute outfit.
"What do I do with my hands?" Bwahahaha.
BLUE LILY | Lifestyle Photographer | Salt Lake City, Utah