One of our new Blue Lily goals is to share more on the blog about what we are passionate about. Obviously we are passionate about photos, cameras, etc... so Tyler thought it'd be pretty awesome if he did one post a week dedicated to answering camera/photography questions we receive on a regular basis. Now- he's the boss of this weekly post, so whatever he says, goes. All I can say is that internet, you are lucky. Tyler is a fabulous teacher and full of quality info. So keep an eye out for the mister's first Answer This post.
I am passionate about style. You may not know that about me, because inherently I am lazy about style. I usually don't spend more than 3 minutes getting made up in the morning and I don't read design or fashion blogs. So how exactly am I passionate about style? Well, I know what I like. And that's enough for me. So I'm going to put together a weekly post about the style that makes up me. Only, it won't be about me, per se, just about what I think is freaking adorable and/or must-have.
Today I'm starting with showcasing the staple or my wardrobe.
I wear them almost every day and I think they are pretty much the only thing that makes me happy from my neck up. I had the feeble idea to take some pictures of my favorite, beloved headbands and post them here; but Tyler one-upped me and suggested a video shoot. Which means I modeled. IN FRONT OF A VIDEO CAMERA. It's hard work for us awkward folk!
Headbands are truly an accessory sent from heaven. Let's face it, hair gets boring after a while. Headbands really kick up the scalp region a knotch. They look funky and charming on any length of hair and dude, so many ways to wear them. I know they are uber trendy right now, but I love them so much I can't even care about that. However, for being so trendy, I really find it hard to find truly great ones. I've searched high and low in shops, on etsy, etc. but usually come away frustrated. Hopefully the info I provide below on where I got each of these will help you fellow headband lovers.
Anyway, here is the video, taken in our most favorite new spot ever. Please look mostly at the headbands, and not my smokin' hot bod. JK! JK! JK!
Thanks to Tyler for being a smokin' hot camera guy. Not jk.
1. (first picture above) Purple flower headband, forlove21.com; simple black fabric covered headband- doesn't induce headaches (major plus) I usually wear this one with some of my hair pulled forward in fron of my ears as shown, so the headband shows less.
2. Beaded headwrap, Target; My favorite to wear like a hippie. Sometimes I'm so hippie it's appalling. But what do you do? This one is the greatest simple headband, because it doesn't give headaches because it's made of soft ribbon.
3. Stretchy crochet/doily headband, Ladyvintique.com; Strechy and comfy, plus to die for adorableness. I get a lot of comments about this one. Great deail. Doesn't squeeze your head too much, either.
4. Skinny bobbin headband, Littleredwren; Sure etsy is hard to find stuff on, but my sister in law Eve has a cute shop that I know exactly how to get to... and I love her colorful, vintage style.
5. Sequinned flexible headband, Anthropologie, (not exactly as pictured on site); I love this one because it stretches. Perfect, I daresay PERFECT for side briads. Jury still out on whether this looks too much like a tiara. Every girl should have at least one chance to wear a tiara, right?
6. Feather Headband, Urban Outfitters; I got this on the clearance rack. Then I wore it for 9 days straight. The only think I don't like about this one is that the eleastic is weird and not stretchy enough. Sometimes I have to bobby-pin it in.
7. Ridiculously large Black flower headband, Forever 21; The great thing about this headband is that it costs $2.99. So when you are wondering whether it's JUST TOO BIG or not, you think, eh, $2.99- that's hot. This one looks freaking adorable on my lil 3 year old. TWO-NINETY-NINE, PEOPLE!
Now go buy some headbands! And leave a comment, assuring me that my under-eye wrinkles in the video aren't too horrendous to look at. You'll have to lie, but I'm ok with that.
BLUE LILY | Lifestyle Photographer | Salt Lake City, Utah